Thursday, April 5, 2012
Reader blasts comments as ‘ireesponsible’
I find the comments made by one of your readers in a letter about dog poo irresponsible and not factual.
Dog poo is a very potent and harmful product produced after a dog has digested its food. It needs to be disposed of in a clean and safe way.
Dog poo is full of e coli and other bacteria, including fecal coliform - bacteria which causes kidney disorders, intestinal illness, cramps and diarrhoea in humans.
Dog poo can contain round worm larvae which causes blindness if ingested. It can effect the brain, lungs, kidneys liver and the eyes, so if you come into contact with dog poo and then touch your mouth you could become infected.
People should be aware of the possible dangers hidden in dog poo - even when the poo has gone, the ground is still contaminated.
It is very important that owners pick up straight away.