Reader blasts comments as ‘ireesponsible’

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

I find the comments made by one of your readers in a letter about dog poo irresponsible and not factual.

Dog poo is a very potent and harmful product produced after a dog has digested its food. It needs to be disposed of in a clean and safe way.

Dog poo is full of e coli and other bacteria, including fecal coliform - bacteria which causes kidney disorders, intestinal illness, cramps and diarrhoea in humans.

Dog poo can contain round worm larvae which causes blindness if ingested. It can effect the brain, lungs, kidneys liver and the eyes, so if you come into contact with dog poo and then touch your mouth you could become infected.

People should be aware of the possible dangers hidden in dog poo - even when the poo has gone, the ground is still contaminated.

It is very important that owners pick up straight away.

Laurence Garner

via email

0 comments

Photo Orders
Letters
Competitions
Subscription
Join us on Facebook
View or book a notice

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – East Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

Exmouth's trusted business directory