Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Resident returns home to find kitchen wrecked in blaze
A house at Axminster has been severely damaged by fire.
A resident returned to his home at Green Lane, Raymonds Hill, from leave yesterday (Tuesday) to find his kitchen destroyed in the blaze.
The fire was out on the arrival of the fire service. One appliance from Axminster attended and confirmed the kitchen had been severely damaged by fire within the two-storey semi detached property. Seventy- five per cent of the ground floor of the property was also damaged by fire.
Fire crews used a thermal image camera to check for any hot spots. The fire was believed to have occurred in the last 48 hours. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.