Chimney fire at Axminster

11:42 22 January 2013

Axminster fire station

Axminster fire station

Archant

Wood burning stove sparks blaze at house in Bonners Drive

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze at a house in Axminster at around 6pm yesterday evening (Monday).

The incident, at Bonners Drive, involved a wood burning stove.

The crew extinguished the fire using a triple ladder extension, roof ladders, safety-at-height equipment and hose reels, along with a thermal imaging camera.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Thu, 11:00
Exmouth Mayor Bill Nash hands over this years Mayors charity cheque to Helen Crossfield of The Samaritans. Ref exe 9996-50-14TI. Picture: Terry Ife.

Exmouth’s Christmas Cracker – and other events around the town – has raised more than £1,500 for the local branch of The Samaritans. Exmouth mayor, Councillor Bill Nash, presented Helen Crossfield, branch manager of Exeter, Mid and East Devon Samaritans, with a cheque at the town hall’s recent Christmas party.

Read more
Thu, 09:57
Show of Hands double bassist Miranda Sykes and mandolinist Rex Preston are one of the highlights of Otterton Mill's spring music season.

East Devon’s Otterton Mill has announced the line-up for its spring music season.

Read more
Wed, 21:27
Laser sailing boats.; Photo by Simon Horn Ref shsp 9302-34-10SH

It’s been a quiet time on the water lately for all at Exe Sailing Club, as the wind has not played ball, writes Rex Frost.

Read more
Mon, 21:22
Football generic picture

Exeter City Football Club has announced that, owing to a variety of reasons, the need to secure a loan from the PFA to assist cash-flow over the short term will not now be necessary, writes Richard Dorman.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 8°C

min temp: 6°C

Most Read News

Photo Orders
Competitions
Subscriptions
Facebook
Family notices

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Midweek Herald e-edition today E-edition
Honiton�s trusted business finder