Dog poo is dangerous

11:07 05 April 2012

Archant

Reader blasts comments as ‘ireesponsible’

I find the comments made by one of your readers in a letter about dog poo irresponsible and not factual.

Dog poo is a very potent and harmful product produced after a dog has digested its food. It needs to be disposed of in a clean and safe way.

Dog poo is full of e coli and other bacteria, including fecal coliform - bacteria which causes kidney disorders, intestinal illness, cramps and diarrhoea in humans.

Dog poo can contain round worm larvae which causes blindness if ingested. It can effect the brain, lungs, kidneys liver and the eyes, so if you come into contact with dog poo and then touch your mouth you could become infected.

People should be aware of the possible dangers hidden in dog poo - even when the poo has gone, the ground is still contaminated.

It is very important that owners pick up straight away.

Laurence Garner

via email

0 comments

Other News Stories

Thu, 12:50
East Devon District Councillor Derek Button, who died last month after a lengthy fight with cancer.

Tributes have been paid to one of East Devon District Council’s most respected councillors

Read more
Mon, 07:51
Seaton NatWest Bank - set to close in March. Photo Chris Carson

Campaigners say replacing NatWest branch with a mobile unit for an hour once a week is “wholly inadequate”

Read more
Sunday, January 25, 2015
Author Graham Hurley

Acclaimed crime writer Graham Hurley is giving a talk in Lympstone this week.

Read more
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Exmouth in action at Chard

It has been an eventful rugby week for yours truly with both my teams winning on the road.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 2°C

min temp: 1°C

Most Read News

Family notices
Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Submit a Story
Buy Photos
Competitions
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Midweek Herald e-edition today E-edition

Honiton's trusted business finder