Fire at the Star Inn

14:07 15 March 2014

�

Archant

Firefighters called to the scene this morning (Saturday).

Firefighters were called to a deal with a fire at the Star Inn, Honiton, this morning (Saturday).

The incident at the New Street pub, which is owned by J D Wetherspoon, occurred at around 8.30am.

Two fire crews from Honiton dealt with the fire.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival crews confirmed that there was a fire within an electrical heater, which had also spread to a timber joist.

“Crews cut away part of the ceiling to gain access and used small tools and a thermal imaging camera. The cause was accidental.”

The pub has been re-opened for business.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 18:30
Author Graham Hurley

Acclaimed crime writer Graham Hurley is giving a talk in Lympstone this week.

Read more
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Exmouth in action at Chard

It has been an eventful rugby week for yours truly with both my teams winning on the road.

Read more
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Exeter City - East Devon Grecians

With three successive defeats prior to last weekend, City’s previous recent run of good form had surprisingly stuttered to a halt, writes Gareth Hughes.

Read more
Monday, January 19, 2015
Seaton Food Bank logo

Shelves were constantly replenished, despite busy weeks

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 7°C

min temp: 2°C

Most Read News

Family notices
Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Submit a Story
Buy Photos
Competitions
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Midweek Herald e-edition today E-edition

Honiton's trusted business finder