Firefighters rescue elderly man in Honiton
PUBLISHED: 10:20 02 July 2014
Crews called to the scene after fire alarm activated.
Firefighters had to force their way into a sheltered housing property in Honiton to rescue an elderly man.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fire appliance was mobilised to a report of an alarm activating in a sheltered housing scheme in Honiton.
“Upon arrival crews made a forced entry to the property which was heavily smoke logged due to cooking fumes.
“Crews rescued an elderly gentleman who had fallen within the property and an ambulance was requested.”
Firefighters ventilated the property and removed a cooking pan to the open air.
The incident occurred yesterday (Tuesday), at Tremaine Close, at around 9.30pm.