Fire crews from Axminster and Chard called to the scene

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

A garage and car were severely damaged during a fire involving a car and gas boiler in Axminster.

Firefighters from Axminster and two fire crews from Chard attended the incident this morning (Monday), at 5.41am, which occurred in a garage of a property at Smallridge.

Crews used breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.

A cordon also had to be set up due to the instability of the garage.

The blaze was extinguished by 8.34am.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The garage was severely damaged by the fire. A car was also severely damaged.

“The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.”

0 comments

Photo Orders
Letters
Competitions
Subscription
Join us on Facebook
View or book a notice

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – East Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

Exmouth's trusted business directory