EMH Logo

�

Garage blaze at Axminster

Monday, February 25, 2013
9.15 AM

Fire crews from Axminster and Chard called to the scene

A garage and car were severely damaged during a fire involving a car and gas boiler in Axminster.

Firefighters from Axminster and two fire crews from Chard attended the incident this morning (Monday), at 5.41am, which occurred in a garage of a property at Smallridge.

Crews used breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.

A cordon also had to be set up due to the instability of the garage.

The blaze was extinguished by 8.34am.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The garage was severely damaged by the fire. A car was also severely damaged.

“The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.”