Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Three fire engines sent to Marsh on New Year’s Day.
Three fire appliances were sent to an address in Marsh, near Honiton, on New Year’s day to tackle a small chimney fire.
The blaze, involving a wood burning stove, caused smoke logging in the loft of the property.
Two fire appliances from Honiton and one from Chard attended the incident, reported at 11.14am.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Upon arrival of the fire crews, it was evident there was a small chimney fire, resulting in some smoke logging in the loft space.
“Fire crews made steady progress through the use of chimney gear and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.”