September 20 2014 Latest news:
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
The opening hours of the Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Honiton Hospital are being temporarily reduced.
From this week the opening hours on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays will be 10am to 6pm.
It will continue to be open from 8am to 10pm on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
The temporary reduction on those three days will continue for a period of five weeks, with normal hours resuming from Monday, April 14.
The Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust says it has been forced to reduce the opening hours due to staff vacancies, which are in the process of being filled.
Kate Lyons, the trust’s director of operations, said: “We apologise for any disruption the temporary reduction in opening hours may cause.
“Reducing the hours will help us to provide a consistent service over the next five weeks.”
When the MIU is closed people who suffer minor injury or illness are being advised to:
• Visit the MIU at Exmouth or Tiverton hospitals, which are both open from 8am to 10pm
• Visit the A&E department at RD&E
• See your GP
• Call the NHS 111 service, for people who need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
During out of hours:
• Call the out-of-hours GP service, Devon Doctors, on 0845 6710 270
• See your GP in the morning, if it can wait
• Call the NHS 111 service