Robbery in Honiton
17:37 22 March 2014
Shop worker attacked as she opened the store.
An investigation is under way after a female shop worker was attacked and a large quantity of jewellery was stolen during a robbery in Honiton.
The incident at Banwell Antiques Ltd in High Street happened at 9am this morning (Saturday).
A police spokesman said: “A female shop worker was attacked by a lone male suspect as she opened the store to start work. The offender stole a high value quantity of jewellery.”
Property stolen includes:
•Various gold bangles, bracelets, necklaces and rings.
• 30 semi precious and diamond set pendants white and gold
• 2-300 rings set with diamonds & semi precious stones
• Amethyst oval shaped 20+ carats surrounded by 4 carat diamonds set in a gold pendant
• Oval shaped black opal surrounded by diamonds
• Natural tallow sapphire 7 carat worth set in 18 carat white gold surrounded by 1 carat of diamond
• 18 carat solid gold gents solitaire ring with 21/2 carat diamond
• Oval shaped pink sapphire and diamond stud earrings set in white gold
• Oval shaped emerald and diamond cluster ring
• Long strand of graduated graded beads 26”
• Long strand of hollow ornate gold balls in necklace
The man being sought by police is described as being of slim build, heavily unshaven, short dark hair, aged between 30 to 50 years. He was wearing a blue coat, blue denim jeans, black trainers, beige coloured flat cap and was carrying a blue rucksack.
The spokesman added: “The victim is shaken but unhurt in this attack which is extremely rare for this area of Devon.”
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen anyone in the vicinity of the High Street and the junction of Silver Street at or around 9am today to come forward and call police on 101 quoting police log number 467 22/03/14 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.