Monday, October 14, 2013
Fire crews from two towns called to house in Bunts Lane as nearby homes are evacuated
Homes were evacuated and a man was taken to hospital after a gas leak at a house in Seaton in the early hours of today (Monday)
Crews from Colyton and Seaton attended the incident at a property in Bunts Lane, at just after midnight.
The initial call had come from ambulance who had requested the fire coresponders from Seaton to attend the address.
On arrival the coresponder crew requested further assistance due to there being a very strong smell of gas coming from the property.
A man was led to safety and handed over to ambulance crews, whilst fire crews made an evacuation of the neighbouring properties and a 200 meter cordon was put in place.
The gas board attended and the fire crews isolated both the gas and electricity supply to the property.
The victim was later transferred to hospital.
Duty of care was left with the police and the gas board.