November 28 2014 Latest news:
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
There are plenty of events taking place in East Devon. Here are just a few.
● Axminster Historical Society is hosting a talk - The Inland Waterways of England and Wales.
It will take place on Wednesday, November 7, at 7.30pm, at the United Reformed Church Hall, Chard Street, Axminster.
● There will be a table top sale in Dunkeswell Saturday, November 3, between 10-2 at the Throgmorton Hall, Dunkeswell.
● The Thorncombe Rail Activities Club model railway exhibition on Saturday, November 3, from 10am to 5pm.
Entrance is £3.00, children Free.
For further information Google “traclubsite” or phone 01460 30428.
● There will be a barn dance and live music at the Throgmorton Hall, Dunkeswell on Saturday, November 3, between 7pm-11pm.
It is organised by the Friends of Abbey Church.
Tickets cost £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s and are available from Highfield Stores and Garage in Dunkeswell, also Hemyock PO, Strand Stores in Culmstock and Friends of Abbey Church.
Ring 01823 680931 for more information
● The next in the series for Concerts For Colyton will be a piano recital by Maria Marchant.
It will take place at St Andrew’s Church, Colyton, on Saturday, November 3, at 7.30pm. All proceeds go towards maintaining the fabric of the church.
Tickets: Adults £10 (Members £8), Under-18s half price, available from Haynes of Colyton, Market Square or telephone 01297 553163
● After many years, Colyford Memorial Hall has now found someone to teach beginners in ballroom and Latin American Dancing, ably assisted by his dancing partner Denise.
These classes are being started to raise fund for Colyford Memorial Hall after it’s extensive refurbishment. For more information please phone Mike Hatch 07792 791910.