Tuesday, May 29, 2012
There are many events planned in East Devon over the coming days. Here are just a few.
● A Diamond Jubilee-themed flower festival will take place at St John Baptist Church, Membury, from June 2 to 4, daily at 11am to 5pm.
● Axmouth Church will be serving aftenoon teas with homemade cakes in the beautiful, historic church, which will be filled with jubilee flowers, on Sunday, June 3, between 2pm and 6pm.
There will be a warm welcome for all visitors.
● The Altar Guild, at St Michael’s Church, Beer, will be hosting a flower festival with the theme Hats, Handbags and Tiaras.
The event will run from Saturday, July 14 until Monday, July 16.
It will be open from 10am to 6 pm, with morning coffee served, as well as lunches and teas next door in Mariners’ Hall, on the Saturday and Sunday.
On the Monday, morning coffee will be served in the church and there will be a quiz night in the Mariners’ Hall, at 7.30pm. Call 01297 21954 for details.
● There will Jazz on a Summer’s Evening with the Coly River Jazzmen at Marshall’s Paddock, Thomas Bassett Drive, Colyford with parking at Colyford Memorial Hall.
The event is set to take place on Saturday, June 30, starting at 7.30pm and, if wet, it will be held in the hall.
Tickets cost £10 for adults, with children getting in for free.
They are available from Colyford Post Office and on the gate.
Please take a picnic, liquid refreshment and seating.
Proceeds from the musical evening will all be in aid of village hall funds.
● Lyme Bay Photographic Club will be hosting a general knowledge quiz at The Inn Plaice, Pilot Boat, Broad Street, Lyme Regis, on Wednesday, June 6, at 7.30pm.
Teams of up to six people, £2 per person entry. For more information contact chairman John Wallis on 01297 444733.