Fire breaks out in kitchen of pub in Kilmington

PUBLISHED: 14:14 25 August 2019 | UPDATED: 14:25 25 August 2019

Colyton Carnival 2019. Picture: Alex Walton Photography

Colyton Carnival 2019. Picture: Alex Walton Photography

Picture: Alex Walton Photography

There has been a fire at The Old Inn in Kilmington.

It broke out in the kitchen of the 17th-century pub at 11.34am on Sunday, August 25.

Three fire crews from Axminster, Lyme Regis and Colyton went to the scene, along with an aerial ladder platform from Exeter.

They found the fire had started in the oven, and used breathing apparatus, a hosereel jet and two carbon dioxide extinguishers to put the flames out.

They used a fan to ventilate the building afterwards.

The oven was badly damaged by the fire and the kitchen was smoke-damaged.

There are no reports of any injuries, and the fire is not being treated as suspicious.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Midweek Herald

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists