Property of the week: Myrtle Cottage, Colyford
- Credit: Gordon & Rumsby
Myrtle Cottage, Swan Hill Road, Colyford
Guide Price: £345,000
Agent: Gordon and Rumsby
Agent's Tel: 01297 553768
This charming and slightly quirky cottage is situated right in the heart of the pretty village of Colyford and is a stone's throw from conveniences such as an excellent shop, a butcher's and a cosy pub.
The semi-detached dwelling is Grade II Listed with appealing Georgian sash windows and a small walled garden to the front adding to its delightful chocolate box appearance.
Inside, beyond the spacious hallway, there's a formal sitting room at the front of the house that would act equally well as an overflow sleeping space.
A further reception room can be found at the rear of the property offering sitting and dining space and leading on to the kitchen, which has been attractively decorated in a country cottage style. From the kitchen, a stable door opens to a walled rear courtyard garden, which offers complete privacy.
On the first floor are two well-proportioned double bedrooms and a linen cupboard. The family bathroom can be found on the ground floor and has both a bath and a shower.
A very useful outbuilding with enough space to house bikes, canoes or for storage purposes, can be accessed from the courtyard across a neighbouring cottage.
- 1 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 2 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 3 New Repair Cafe to open in Honiton next month
- 4 Town council explores best way forward for the Beehive
- 5 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 6 Over 1K raised by Honiton concert for Ukraine
- 7 New unit to be built opposite Hangar two at Dunkeswell Airfield
- 8 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Honiton Scouts carry the torch for Olympic anniversary commemoration
The property comes with no onward chain.