Property of the Week: Stables Cottage, Beer
- Credit: John Wood & Co
Stables Cottage, Beer
Guide Price: £695,000
Agent: John Wood & Co
Agent's Tel: 01297 20290
This exceptional two-bedroom cottage-style property is situated in the heart of the historic fishing village of Beer, yet in a quiet and tucked away location.
The cottage was converted from the original stables where the local grocer kept his pony and trap, and benefits from an usually large garden.
Packed with charm and character, the cottage has been modernised and enhanced to an exacting standard by the current owners, which has produced the wonderful result of a beautifully-presented property.
Inside, there's a superb triple aspect living area with an open plan layout, underfloor heating and a feature stone fireplace and a gas log burning stove. This cosy living space opens up to the main kitchen/dining area, which has a shaker-style look to it and tasteful neutral decor. The L-shaped kitchen is fitted with colour washed units and topped with a run of quartz work surfaces. There's also a lovely island unit fitted with a Butler sink and appliances.
On the first floor, there are two spacious double bedrooms, where the master has an ensuite bathroom, while the second bedroom has an ensuite toilet and a separate shower room. This floor also benefits from underfloor heating.
Outside, there is a large garden with a decked patio area. From the top of the garden there are splendid views of the sea. There's also a delightful brick paved courtyard, which provides an idyllic outside entertaining area screened by mature planting.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 3 Chard youngsters overcome fears and make memories at activity centre
- 4 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 5 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 6 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 7 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 8 Biker killed in Devon crash named
- 9 Grantchester star and former Colyton Grammar student Tom Brittney goes ‘back to school’
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
The vendors recently purchased an additional area of garden which could be used as additional outdoor space or a potential building plot subject to the usual consents.