Property of the Week: Stoneleat House, Colyton
- Credit: Gordon & Rumsby
Stoneleat House, The Butts, Colyton
Guide Price: £525,000
Agent: Gordon & Rumsby
Agent's Tel: 01297 553768
Stoneleat House is a unique and beautifully finished detached dwelling situated within an easy walk of the centre of the pretty town of Colyton.
Internally and externally this is an interesting property. The original qualities of the external design are paired with an abundance of delightful bespoke features inside.
The open plan living room has a lovely double aperture brick-built fireplace fitted with a multi-fuel stove that teams perfectly with the quality engineered oak wood floor.
The adjoining kitchen/dining room is fitted with a striking range of hand-made doors and drawer fronts in Yew wood and resin, along with various integrated appliances. Seashell limestone flooring features throughout this area with underfloor heating making it warm underfoot. Bi-fold doors open onto a pleasant patio seating area and garden, making outdoor dining an easy option.
Back to the hallway, a beautiful staircase with deep oak treads and metalwork spindles leads up to the first floor. On this level, there are three bedrooms, all with attractive vaulted ceilings. The master bedroom has an original curved walk-in wardrobe with wood panels and an en-suite wet room. There is also an additional family bathroom on this floor.
Outside, the pretty landscaped garden, with a large patio seating area, offers a good deal of privacy.
As you would expect of a new build, the energy efficiency is of a high standard and includes a heat exchanger and solar hot water heating to supplement the gas boiler.
At the front of the house, a walled and gated driveway provides ample parking space.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 8 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 9 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 10 Devon charity offering fuel poverty advice and support this winter