Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- Credit: Stags
Marcella House, Kilmington, Axminster
Guide Price: Offers in excess of £950,000
Tel: 01404 45885
This stunning property returns to the market giving buyers a second chance at acquiring a truly unique dwelling that has been designed to enhance the best of its natural environment. The design helps to harmonise indoor and outdoor living, with spectacular results.
Located on a no-through Roman road on the western outskirts of the pretty village of Kilmington, Marcella House is accessed through wooden gates which open up to a large gravelled parking area and spacious garage.
Its current owners completed the build in 2017, so its finishes remain modern and fresh. There is an easy-flow throughout the house and a welcoming sense of space, enhanced by expansive areas of glass within aluminium frames, underfloor heating downstairs and a feature oak and glass staircase.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 6 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 7 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
The kitchen has a stunning, contemporary look and is fitted with smooth kitchen units, quartz worktops, a central island and NEFF appliances. The dining room at the front of the house has floor to ceiling windows that enhance the beautiful countryside views beyond. A double aspect sitting room with a cosy-looking inset wood burning stove overlooks the garden and pool.
Unique to the property is a semi-outside pool room, which opens to the garden. This is a truly wonderful place to relax.
The three double bedrooms are spacious and fitted with en-suite bath/shower rooms. The master bedroom also has a balcony that boasts amazing views across the valley.
Outside, the tidy garden is mainly laid to lawn with a terraced area. A large patio creates a super outdoor entertaining space next to the stunning pool.