Property of the week: Ridgeway Barn, Smallridge, Axminster
- Credit: Stags
Ridgeway Barn, Smallridge, Axminster
Guide Price: £500,000
Agent's Tel: 01404 45885
This charming four-bedroom barn conversion sits on the outskirts of the village of Smallridge on the southern fringe of the Blackdown Hills.
It was renovated from its original form some 20 years ago and now offers beautifully presented and flexible accommodation with characterful features such as exposed beams and partly exposed stone walls and brickwork.
Inside, the sitting room has a cosy look with exposed stone walls and wood burning stove, while the kitchen, dining room and conservatory have a lovely open-plan flow with natural divides. The kitchen has a modern, stylish look with pale grey units, a breakfast bar and exposed brickwork.
The dining room is a sizable space with skylights and large windows allowing natural light to fill the room. The conservatory is particularly pleasant and manages to 'bring the outside in'. Also on the ground floor, there's a good sized home office that would work equally well as a fourth bedroom.
On the first floor, there are two double bedrooms, one single bedroom, a shower room and a family bathroom. The master bedroom benefits from built-in wardrobes and a porthole window with stunning countryside views beyond. The second bedroom has a delightful Juliette balcony.
Outside, the enclosed gardens have been carefully planned with areas laid with artificial turf interspersed with planted borders, shrubs and trees. There is plenty of off-road parking space, and subject to the necessary consents, there is potential for a carport or double garage.
- 1 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 2 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 3 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 4 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 5 East Devon pensioner given suspended jail for groping teenager
- 6 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 7 Dorset folk dou performing in Colyton next month
- 8 Biker badly hurt in A3052 crash
- 9 Honiton Congregational Church celebrating 250th anniversary
- 10 Ofwat launch enforcement case against South West Water
The property comes with no onward chain.