Property of the Week: Somer Fields, Lyme Regis
- Credit: Symonds & Sampson
Woodpeckers, Somer Fields, Lyme Regis
Guide Price: £850,000
Agent: Symonds & Sampson
Agent's Tel: 01308 422092
The outstanding views of Lyme Bay and the surrounding rolling countryside make this substantial detached bungalow a unique find and worthy as a choice for property of the week. Indeed, the property is part of a select cul-de-sac development that was built on its elevated site in Lyme Regis specifically to take full advantage of the magnificent views.
Inside, many of the principal rooms display big picture windows that have been strategically placed to frame the views. The main living room is the showstopper with its largest window looking out across Lyme Bay towards Golden Cap and West Bay and a second window to the east looking towards the Marshwood Vale.
Stealing one's attention away from the striking views and back into the room, one will discover this pleasant living space also features an open fireplace and an archway that leads to the dining room.
Beyond the dining room, there is a stylish and well-proportioned kitchen with tasteful cream units and integrated appliances, and enough space to accommodate a family-sized dining table. Stairs from here lead down to a study/bedroom and double garage.
The main bedroom takes in the same views as the main living room and has an ensuite bathroom with a standalone shower. The two other bedrooms share a family bathroom.
Outside, the gardens have been thoughtfully landscaped to enhance the plot's natural environment. There are lawns, mature shrubs, a paved terrace, a pergola-topped seating area and well-stocked herbaceous borders. The planting has been cleverly arranged to provide shape, colour and form throughout the year while on the northeast side of the garden there is a viewing platform that takes in the best views over Lyme Bay.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 10 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
The property comes with the potential for expansion with a double garage below, a large roof space above and a substantial front garden, subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents.