Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- Credit: Stags
Thorn Cottage, Stockland, Honiton
Guide price: £700,000
Agent's Tel: 01404 45885
Those looking for a rural idyll in a quiet and peaceful setting may find exactly what they want in this charming period cottage situated not far from the pretty village of Stockland on the outskirts of Honiton.
Thorn Cottage exudes charm, is packed with characterful features and would make a perfect tranquil retreat for a buyer who wants to escape the hustle and bustle of urban life.
The origins of this chocolate-box Grade II listed cottage are believed to date back to the 18th Century, and it has been adapted and extended over the years. The property is now in need of a facelift and modernisation, but it is packed full of potential with the core layout already offering light and flexible accommodation. A key highlight is that most of the rooms have sensational picture perfect views of the countryside to the south and west of the valley.
Inside, the kitchen has a pleasant quirky look that is most fitting with the property. It leads through to a dining room with ample space for entertaining guests and family. The sitting room and snug is a cosy open space filled with natural light and has a large fireplace with an exposed beam mantel and log burner that is in keeping with the house.
The bright garden room is spacious and adaptive and creates a lovely inside/outside environment. This room has been used for many purposes in the past.
On the first floor there are three double bedrooms, including a large master bedroom with ensuite, and a family bathroom. All of the first floor rooms have breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
- 1 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 2 Record crowd watches Axminster Town take on Exeter City
- 3 East Devon shop reaches out to support local cancer charity
- 4 Plans for keeping Dalwood 'a special place' to be put to the vote
- 5 Local Tesco donates to Arc Axminster
- 6 Warm golfing welcome to Honiton's new ladies captain
- 7 Devon eateries named among UK's top 50 gastropubs: See them all
- 8 Tell us a Story
- 9 DCC survey shows the condition of Devon's roads has improved
- 10 Sexual offences rose more than 15% in Devon and Cornwall, crime figures reveal
The cottage sits on a plot of half an acre and the outside area is filled with a wealth of trees including fruit trees, an abundance of plants and established shrubs and an attractive walled garden mostly laid to lawn. There's also strategically placed seating and a sunny patio area.
The property comes with no onward chain and has superfast broadband with speeds of approx. 90mbps.