Property of the Week: Riggles Farmhouse, Upottery
- Credit: Stags
Riggles Farmhouse, Upottery, Honiton
Guide Price: £1,400,000
Agent's Tel: 01404 45885
This four bedroom residence sits in a beautiful rural location, close to the pretty village of Upottery, and comes with several outbuildings and additional earning opportunities.
The main farmhouse has been subject to extensive renovations with pleasing results. Inside, it is presented to a high standard with a complementary mix of traditional and modern styling.
The two reception rooms have feature fireplaces, wood burning stoves and fantastic views across the countryside. The kitchen has a farmhouse style look with an electric Aga, cream cupboards and terracotta coloured floor tiles.
On the first floor are four good size bedrooms, with a walk-in dressing area and ensuite shower room to the master bedroom. There is also family bathroom.
Outside, two barn conversions are rented out as holiday lets. The 'Swallows Nest' has a spacious open plan living area and two large bedrooms each with en suite shower rooms, while the 'Wrens Nest' is a smaller dwelling with an open living room, a separate shower room, and a mezzanine bedroom area.
Other useful outbuildings include traditional barns that form a small courtyard. A further general purpose barn provides ample space for a workshop/storage.
- 1 Judi Spiers re-dedicates Pecorama train Jimmy
- 2 The day a fallen scarecrow was mistaken for a dead body
- 3 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 4 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 5 Honiton councillor finalist for young civic awards
- 6 Review: Confusions, by Colyton Theatre Group
- 7 Fresh application to convert antique shop into flats
- 8 Honiton's long association with the Royal Navy
- 9 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
- 10 Mole screening day in Honiton hailed 'great success'
The grounds stretch to around 4.44 acres and bring in naturally landscaped gardens that extend south and east from the main house. This outside space is abundant with wildlife and has a cascading spring-fed stream running down into a series of ponds. There's also a sheltered paddock that has become a productive fruit and vegetable garden.