Property of the Week: Sea Tree House, Lyme Regis
- Credit: Stags Estate Agents
Sea Tree House, Lyme Regis
Guide price £1,500,000
Agent's Tel: 01308 428000
This impressive, substantial Georgian house, currently arranged as three apartments, is located right in the heart of the historic, coastal town of Lyme Regis. It occupies a prime elevated position and boasts the most stunning sea views and overlooks the iconic Cobb.
The residence is Listed Grade II of architectural or historical importance and has a very interesting history. It was once a gentleman's residence in the mid 1800s, and prior to that, a boarding house where Jane Austin is believed to have stayed in 1804. Some say the views of the Cobb from the house may have inspired her to write the book Persuasion.
Since 1998, the house has been subject to extensive sympathetic refurbishment and is currently arranged as three apartments. The lower apartments are used for holiday lettings and the upper apartment is a private home.
All floors of the property are filled with a host of charming character features typical of its period. Expect to find high ceilings, panelled doors, deep skirting boards, sash windows, ornate cornices and large bay windows with the most stunning sea views to the Cobb beyond. The two lower floor dwellings are very classic in style, while the upper apartment offers a harmonious combination of classic and contemporary with the highlight being a superb balcony/roof terrace that takes full advantage of the coastal aspect.
Outside, there is an attractive rear garden, currently divided into three areas for each apartment, that enjoys fantastic sea views along the Jurassic Coast.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 8 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 9 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 10 Devon charity offering fuel poverty advice and support this winter