Property of the Week: Hayne Lane, Wilmington
- Credit: Stags
Hayne Lane, Wilmington, Honiton
Guide Price: OIEO £625,000
Agent's Tel: 01404 45885
It's hard not to be enchanted by the lush green gardens and grounds that surround this Wilmington property. It's truly an oasis of peace and tranquility, with sweeping lawns, a myriad of paths, countless shrubs and trees that are well-established and that run down to the Umborne Brook that babbles along the property's eastern boundary. This rich green environment expands to around 1.86 acres and indeed creates a stunning rural setting.
At the centre of this verdant and flourishing landscape, is a unique dwelling that has been updated and improved over the past 25 years by its current owners. The adaptable accommodation has been arranged as a main house with an annexe, which is an ideal set-up for an extended family. Yet, there is also scope to return the house back to one dwelling.
The house is abundant with characterful features throughout such as exposed timbers, individual windows and fireplaces that add charm and interest.
The highlights of the main part of the house include a lovely kitchen area, a large triple aspect living room that enjoys stunning views across the valley, with doors out to the south-facing garden and a feature fireplace. There are two bedrooms, the largest with an en suite shower room, a family bathroom, and a study/further bedroom.
The annexe has a fitted kitchen with Belfast sink and granite worktops, a wet room, a sitting area, a small ground floor bedroom and a mezzanine double bedroom.
On the plot there is a good-sized timber building and ample space for parking.
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Nightingale hospital in running for top industry award
- 6 Honiton’s Julian Phillips wins Devon past Captains event
- 7 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 8 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 9 Axe Valley Runners wear the national jersey
- 10 Three more businesses become plastic-free champions
The property is located in a rural location north of Wilmington with lovely views across this small valley.