Property of the Week: Trinity Hill Road, Axminster
- Credit: Stags
Trinity Hill Road, Axminster
Guide Price: Offers in excess of £1,000,000
Agent's Tel: 01404 45885
This rural idyll occupies a delightful private woodland setting stretching across 39 acres in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, between the towns of Axminster and Lyme Regis.
The dwelling started life as a humble timber frame bungalow, yet over the years it has benefited from extensive renovations and improvements which have enlarged the property significantly, to encompass a space of around 2,750 sq metres.
Inside, the accommodation is presented to an incredibly high standard and is currently decorated in pleasing neutral tones. The main reception room has a high level of exposure to natural light and has a lovely double-facing wood burner and French doors that open to the garden.
The kitchen is chic and compact, with duck egg coloured units, wood effect worktops, and several integrated appliances. Also on the ground floor, is a study, two ground floor bedrooms, a garden room and a family bathroom that could provide scope for self-contained accommodation.
There are a further four bedrooms on the first floor, three of which are large doubles, plus a family bathroom and door to the balcony.
The surrounding gardens and grounds are the true showpiece of this property. The gardens boast an abundance of colourful flowers and mature shrubs, whilst there's also a beautiful old hay meadow, several timber outbuildings, and 32.5 acres of deciduous and conifer woodland.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 8 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 9 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
A notable feature is a covered timber deck area that forms a wonderful hideaway on the edge of the woods - a perfect retreat on a warm summer evening.