Property of the Week: Nimrods, Axminster
- Credit: Symonds and Sampson
Guide Price: £795,000
Agent: Symonds & Sampson
Agent's Tel: 01297 33122
Those looking for a quintessential cottage with immense charm and character will not be disappointed by this stunning property, located along a quiet country lane less than half a mile from the pretty village of Membury. Nimrods occupies a desirable elevated position and benefits from spectacular far-reaching views of the surrounding countryside.
Built of stone elevations set beneath a concrete tiled roof, the period residence is Grade II listed and dates back to circa 17th Century. On entering the property the age and character of the cottage becomes immediately apparent.
The distinctive stone flooring runs through much of the original ground floor and there is a wealth of beamed ceilings and exposed stonework.
The property has two spacious reception rooms with impressive inglenook fireplaces and deep sill window seats. The current dining hall opens to the kitchen and provides a great space for entertaining along with access out to the southerly-facing gardens.
Skylights have been installed along the kitchen roof and provide plenty of natural light which highlights the classic cream coloured kitchen units and wooden work surfaces.
The intrigue continues on the first floor with each of the three double bedrooms having their own independent staircases. The master bedroom features a bespoke dressing room and staircase that leads to the sleeping quarters where there is a beautiful dual aspect bedroom and luxurious en suite bathroom. The remaining bedrooms share a Jack and Jill style bathroom.
- 1 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 2 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 3 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 4 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 5 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 6 Dramatic departure of six Honiton councillors after council tax vote
- 7 Honiton slip to home defeat against brilliant Bovey
- 8 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park
- 9 Careless charity shop donors are costing Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Serious road accident at Wilmington
The property sits in a plot of around 0.62 acres with the vast majority of the grounds sitting to the south and east. Splendid views over the village and the surrounding countryside can be enjoyed from the attractive gardens.