More than 1,500 small business grant applications made in East Devon
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,500 claims for small business support have been made in East Devon, the district council has confirmed.
East Devon District Council (EDDC) said it has received 1,512 claims for grant funding under a Government scheme aimed at helping businesses forced to close due to coronavirus.
So far, more than £5 million in grants has been approved for payment to local businesses, through 522 successful claims.
The updated advice from the Government said there are two different grants which businesses can apply for:
• Scheme one: Small Business Grant Fund
You may also want to watch:
• Scheme two: Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Business Grant Fund
The district council said nearly 1,000 East Devon businesses eligible for the second scheme are being contacted by letter and email.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
According to EDDC, firms in East Devon benefitting from the altered business rates retail discounts have been receiving adjusted rates bills this week.