12,000 bobble hats in Seaton
And Midweek Herald readers knitted them!
A KNITTING project in Seaton received such fantastic support from Midweek Herald readers that volunteers are preparing to send off over 12,000 miniature bobble hats.
The hats were knitted as part of an Age UK Devon fund-raising deal with the makers of Innocent smoothies.
The hats have been designed to snugly fit over the bottle tops.
Age UK volunteer Wendy Millett said: “There has been a tremendous response to our appeal for knitters and we have received a great many of the little hats.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result, we shall be sending off over 12,000 hats from Seaton. Isn’t that amazing?”
The hats will be parcelled up and sent to the drinks manufacturer in time for the October 15 deadline.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
Wendy added: “We are so grateful to all the people who got involved with this project and helped us to achieve this magnificent total. We’re still counting!”