12,000 bobble hats in Seaton
And Midweek Herald readers knitted them!
A KNITTING project in Seaton received such fantastic support from Midweek Herald readers that volunteers are preparing to send off over 12,000 miniature bobble hats.
The hats were knitted as part of an Age UK Devon fund-raising deal with the makers of Innocent smoothies.
The hats have been designed to snugly fit over the bottle tops.
Age UK volunteer Wendy Millett said: “There has been a tremendous response to our appeal for knitters and we have received a great many of the little hats.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result, we shall be sending off over 12,000 hats from Seaton. Isn’t that amazing?”
The hats will be parcelled up and sent to the drinks manufacturer in time for the October 15 deadline.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 7 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 8 William conquers 200 books
- 9 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
Wendy added: “We are so grateful to all the people who got involved with this project and helped us to achieve this magnificent total. We’re still counting!”