Lyme Regis’ Marine Theatre marks its 125th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The Marine Theatre in Lyme Regis celebrated its 125th year with a party.
As 2019 came to a close, The Marine Theatre in Lyme Regis dropped the curtain on its 125th year with a party to thank all those who actively took part in its 'Adopt A Year' campaign.
For this fundraiser, members of the public and local organisations donated £125; £1 for each year of the theatre's existence. Those who made a donation received some special gifts and were named on a plaque, unveiled in a ceremony in December.
This special occasion marked the last of a series of exciting events over the year, that also included a community play, a revue and a book launch with Mark Hix and Mariella Frostrup. A highlight was Ian McKellen's special one man show in July.
In May, the theatre launched a new website, paid for by rock star, Ian Gillan from Deep Purple.
You may also want to watch:
Director, Gabby Rabbitts said: "It's been a bonkers good year! Highlights for me were Andy Rattenbury's play, the launch of our new website and Ian McKellen's performance."
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope