15-home plan for Colyford shelved by developer
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a new housing development in Colyford - designed to deter burglars and other criminals from targeting homes and their residents - has been shelved.
Create Architecture Ltd submitted the plans in June this year, which comprised ten affordable homes and five in ‘market executive’ style.
In a report to the council, Create Architecture Ltd said it had designed the development, on land west of Coly Road, to reduce the likelihood of crime and provide a safe environment for residents.
This included good street lighting, making sure the public spaces are overlooked by the buildings, and planting trees and shrubs to create natural protection and boundaries.
The report also said the roads in the development would be designed to limit the speed of vehicles, making them safer for cyclists and pedestrians, and the earmarked site was close to public transport and local services and amenities.
You may also want to watch:
However, the scheme has now been withdrawn.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon