Families come out in force for Cranbrook fun run
- Credit: Archant
A run in the sun in Cranbrook’s country park attracted hundreds of people.
Two races took place on Saturday, September 7: juniors over two kilometres, and seniors over five kilometres.
The annual family event is organised by Matt Rowett from Exeter College running club, which is based in Cranbrook.
Among the 200-odd runners was town councillor Sam Hawkins.
He said: "Matt and the running club did a fantastic job organising the event once again this year.
You may also want to watch:
"It has provided a fantastic opportunity to enjoy our country park and show it off to visitors.
"I'm already looking forward to next year.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
"Matt and the club should be very proud of what they have achieved here.
"It's great we have things like this organised in our community."
The run was supported by Linden Homes and Cranbrook Town Council.
County councillors Ray Bloxham and Sara Randall Johnson also contributed, from their locality budgets.
The event was raising funds for the town council's charity of the year, Action for Children.