This modern, three-bedroom property sits in a lovely cul-de-sac in the pretty and historic village of Gittisham, just over two miles away from the centre of Honiton.

Midweek Herald: From the kitchen, French doors open directly to the rear garden

Inside, the property is beautifully presented with pleasing neutral décor and has access to a good degree of natural light. On the ground floor, there is a spacious lounge that flows into a well-appointed kitchen/dining room. The kitchen has a stylish classic look with cream-coloured units and wood-effect work surfaces that complement the lovely wood-effect flooring. The room is large enough to accommodate a family-sized table and chairs and double French doors open directly to the garden, bringing the ‘outside in.’

Midweek Herald: There is a well-appointed family bathroom

On the first floor, there are three bedrooms and a superbly appointed family bathroom.

Outside, the enclosed rear garden benefits from being south-facing so is a great spot to soak up the sun. The garden has been landscaped with an area of lawn, potted plants and shrubs, steps up to a handy garden shed and a patio seating area.

At the front, the driveway provides ample parking space for two or three vehicles.

This modern, end-of-terrace dwelling is part of a shared ownership scheme with a 75% share, while a low rent is payable on the remaining 25%. As with all shared ownership properties, there is an opportunity to acquire the remaining 25% for full ownership of the house at a later date. Currently, the property has a lease of 123 years, the estimated monthly rent is £174.45 and the monthly service charge is just over £35 per month. These schemes are ideal for first-time buyers wanting to get on the property ladder, for those forming a new household after a relationship breakdown or for those who used to own a home but cannot afford to buy one now. Full details of the application criteria can be found on the Government website -

Higher Down Park, Gittisham, Honiton

Guide Price: £225,000

Agent: Red Homes

Agent's Tel: 01404 510520