Residents raise funds for Seaton nurses
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a retirement flats development in Seaton have been raising money for a vital nursing service.
Events at Haven Court have raised £250.24 for the Seaton Hospiscare@Home service.
Teresa Hancock, a manager at Haven Court and organiser of the event for the third year running said: "We are very fortunate to have this local service.
"The team are currently visiting residents in Haven Court and all people concerned get to benefit from their very gentle and caring help at difficult times.
"We are very happy to raise funds for this very worthy cause."
You may also want to watch:
The money was raised by holding a coffee morning with a raffle and a cake auction.
Carol Rowe of the Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends which fund the nursing service said: "We would like to thank Teresa for all her efforts and also the residents for all their hard work."
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
For further information on the Seaton and District Hospital League of Friends or Seaton Hospiscare@Home, contact league manager, Lycia Moore on 01297 20143 .