Liminal spaces explored at Lyme Town Mill
- Credit: Archant
Exhibition showcases 2D and 3D works entitled Edge
From Friday (August 31) until September 12, visitors to Lyme Town Mill’s Courtyard Gallery can enjoy the latest group art exhibition in a fascinating 2D and 3D showcase entitled Edge.
Four artists - glass artists Celia Goodman and Kathy Collins, potter Martin Collins and watercolourist Jasper Jacob - have been inspired by the liminal spaces in landscapes and seascapes where water meets land and desert, where field and forest meet sky.
They have joined forces to demonstrate how each of them has been enthused by the colour, light, shape, contours, weather and atmosphere where the elements meet.
Meanwhile, from August 31 until September 3, to celebrate the nationwide Big Draw event, the Malthouse Gallery will be turned into a space where visitors of all ages can themselves experiment with different forms of drawing.
You may also want to watch:
The Town Mill art galleries are open daily from 10.30am to 4.30pm, admission is free and further details can be found on www.townmillart.co.uk
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts