50 years of Upottery Flower and Produce Show
Founder committee members honoured.
Ruby Cooke and Richard Weaver, both founder members of the Upottery Flower and Produce Show, notched up half a century’s involvement with the event when it was staged for the 50th time.
They are pictured with a framed photograph of the village, which was presented to them by the show committee.
In 1963, Ruby suggested a flower show to raise money for the playing field which needed enlarging and improving.
Richard has been the show secretary since its inception.
You may also want to watch:
At the show, visitors were asked to vote for their favourite exhibit.
The prize was awarded to Daniel Leighton for his entry in the flower arranging class entitled ‘Gold, Silver and Bronze’.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track