50 years of Upottery Flower and Produce Show
Founder committee members honoured.
Ruby Cooke and Richard Weaver, both founder members of the Upottery Flower and Produce Show, notched up half a century’s involvement with the event when it was staged for the 50th time.
They are pictured with a framed photograph of the village, which was presented to them by the show committee.
In 1963, Ruby suggested a flower show to raise money for the playing field which needed enlarging and improving.
Richard has been the show secretary since its inception.
You may also want to watch:
At the show, visitors were asked to vote for their favourite exhibit.
The prize was awarded to Daniel Leighton for his entry in the flower arranging class entitled ‘Gold, Silver and Bronze’.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery