60s rebel tackles recycling issues
We have just experienced our first all new rubbish collection. I have dutifully separated all waste as requested. My partner, being a male of the species, is struggling with the rules.
We have just experienced our first all new rubbish collection. I have dutifully separated all waste as requested.
My partner, being a male of the species, is struggling with the rules.
I have become the 'food police', following him to the kitchen with his banana skin! But all in a good cause.
It is now time to mow the lawn and I wonder where to put the grass cuttings.
You may also want to watch:
Recently moving from Oxfordshire, where we had an entire wheelie bin for garden waste, I was puzzled. On asking the council if hundreds of homes in Honiton would fill plastic sacks, get in their cars and drive down the A35 to the tip - I was told "Yes". Not exactly green.
Being a 60s rebel, I suggested putting it in the landfill bin. Poor woman had apoplexy and said they wouldn't take it.
- 1 School recognised for appliance of science
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 4 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 5 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 6 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 7 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 8 Axminster progress in the Devon Senior Cup
- 9 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 10 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
Warming to my civil disobedience theme, I asked how they would know if in a plastic sack? At this point, she nearly fell of the chair and dismissed me ASAP! She told me about Otter Rotters but, as an OAP, I balked at the cost.
Oxfordshire is tops in the country for recycling and why? Because they get paid for it - more waste recycled, more money.
Perhaps, I'll let the wind do it's job - both free and green!
Apologies to any householder in Honiton for any extra grass that might come your way!