60s rebel tackles recycling issues
We have just experienced our first all new rubbish collection. I have dutifully separated all waste as requested. My partner, being a male of the species, is struggling with the rules.
We have just experienced our first all new rubbish collection. I have dutifully separated all waste as requested.
My partner, being a male of the species, is struggling with the rules.
I have become the 'food police', following him to the kitchen with his banana skin! But all in a good cause.
It is now time to mow the lawn and I wonder where to put the grass cuttings.
You may also want to watch:
Recently moving from Oxfordshire, where we had an entire wheelie bin for garden waste, I was puzzled. On asking the council if hundreds of homes in Honiton would fill plastic sacks, get in their cars and drive down the A35 to the tip - I was told "Yes". Not exactly green.
Being a 60s rebel, I suggested putting it in the landfill bin. Poor woman had apoplexy and said they wouldn't take it.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 3 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 4 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 5 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 7 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 8 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 9 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 10 Your chance to be crowned top artist
Warming to my civil disobedience theme, I asked how they would know if in a plastic sack? At this point, she nearly fell of the chair and dismissed me ASAP! She told me about Otter Rotters but, as an OAP, I balked at the cost.
Oxfordshire is tops in the country for recycling and why? Because they get paid for it - more waste recycled, more money.
Perhaps, I'll let the wind do it's job - both free and green!
Apologies to any householder in Honiton for any extra grass that might come your way!