�7,000 boost for Axminster swimmers
Festival cash helps keep pool afloat
FLAMINGO Pool officials at Axminster are in the pink after receiving a cheque for �7,000.
The money was raised at this year’s Axe Valley Festival and is in addition to �3,000 donated to them earlier in the year.
The giant cheque was presented by festival chairman Ron Cross to pool manager Steve Buxton.
The late Dave Swarbrick, who helped plan and construct the Flamingo Pool, realised from the start that it would probably need additional funding to stay afloat - particularly in its early years.
You may also want to watch:
To raise the money, he started the Axe Vale Festival of Gardening and Crafts – now the Axe Vale Festival – which has continued to support the pool ever since.
Next year’s Festival is on June 25 and 26.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer