�7,000 boost for Axminster swimmers
Festival cash helps keep pool afloat
FLAMINGO Pool officials at Axminster are in the pink after receiving a cheque for �7,000.
The money was raised at this year’s Axe Valley Festival and is in addition to �3,000 donated to them earlier in the year.
The giant cheque was presented by festival chairman Ron Cross to pool manager Steve Buxton.
The late Dave Swarbrick, who helped plan and construct the Flamingo Pool, realised from the start that it would probably need additional funding to stay afloat - particularly in its early years.
You may also want to watch:
To raise the money, he started the Axe Vale Festival of Gardening and Crafts – now the Axe Vale Festival – which has continued to support the pool ever since.
Next year’s Festival is on June 25 and 26.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners