�7,000 boost for Axminster swimmers
Festival cash helps keep pool afloat
FLAMINGO Pool officials at Axminster are in the pink after receiving a cheque for �7,000.
The money was raised at this year’s Axe Valley Festival and is in addition to �3,000 donated to them earlier in the year.
The giant cheque was presented by festival chairman Ron Cross to pool manager Steve Buxton.
The late Dave Swarbrick, who helped plan and construct the Flamingo Pool, realised from the start that it would probably need additional funding to stay afloat - particularly in its early years.
You may also want to watch:
To raise the money, he started the Axe Vale Festival of Gardening and Crafts – now the Axe Vale Festival – which has continued to support the pool ever since.
Next year’s Festival is on June 25 and 26.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year