�7,000 boost for Axminster swimmers
Festival cash helps keep pool afloat
FLAMINGO Pool officials at Axminster are in the pink after receiving a cheque for �7,000.
The money was raised at this year’s Axe Valley Festival and is in addition to �3,000 donated to them earlier in the year.
The giant cheque was presented by festival chairman Ron Cross to pool manager Steve Buxton.
The late Dave Swarbrick, who helped plan and construct the Flamingo Pool, realised from the start that it would probably need additional funding to stay afloat - particularly in its early years.
You may also want to watch:
To raise the money, he started the Axe Vale Festival of Gardening and Crafts – now the Axe Vale Festival – which has continued to support the pool ever since.
Next year’s Festival is on June 25 and 26.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary