A dream come true for Rebecca and Chloe
New Honiton carnival queen and princess to be crowned.
Dreams really do come true for Honiton’s new carnival queen and princess as they prepare to become the latest members of the carnival royal family.
Rebecca Deakin and Chloe Broom have been eagerly awaiting the carnival crowning and are looking forward to wearing their beautiful dresses and riding on the floats.
New carnival queen Rebbeca said: “I am feeling a tiny bit nervous about being the carnival queen but I am very excited about it.
“I am looking forward to wearing the new dresses and sitting on the float.
“It is a dream come true.”
The new carnival queen and princess were chosen after writing a letter on why they wanted to take on the roles.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 7 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 8 Honiton Lions run mole mapping day
- 9 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 10 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
Nine-year-old Chloe (pictured left), who attends Littletown Primary School, told the Midweek Herald that she was surprised to find out that she had been chosen to be the new carnival princess.
She said: “It is really good to be able to be the carnival princess – I am very excited about it. I’m looking forward to putting on all the dresses. I can’t wait for the crowning.
“It was a nice surprise to find out that I had been chosen to be the carnival princess. I would like to be the Carnival queen when I am older.”
Her mum Sue said: “I had a little tear when I got the phone call to tell us that Chloe was going to be carnival princess – we are all very proud of her. We all knew how much it meant to her.”
The crowning will take place on Saturday, August 20.