A feast of fun at Festive Friday in Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Town turns out in force to begin its Yuletide celebrations
Crowds packed Axminster Town centre to enjoy an action packed evening on “Festive Friday”.
Organised by the town’s Rotary club the event was opened by Mayor Paul Hayward.
Town Crier Nick Goodwin read a special festive cry to begin proceedings and the MC for the night was town councillor Mervyn Symes.
Highlight of the evening was the arrival of Father Christmas courtesy of Axminster Lions Club and its band of elves.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment included the singing of Christmas carols with the Lyme Regis Town Band and the Minster Choir and a performance by the Karizma Majorettes.
Many local organisations ran fundraising stalls offering Christmas gifts and there was plenty to eat and drink, with a barbecue and welcome hot soup being served by members of the Inner Wheel.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery