A Level results - Honiton Community College
Official statement, issued by principal Glenn Smith this morning.
Once again we are delighted with the examination results achieved by all our students.
A number of students have successfully achieved their university places, which is commendable when places are limited and at a premium.
We are proud of the success of all our students, but several students have achieved outstanding academic standards:
Jack Dixon achieved A*, A, A, A and will be reading History at Nottingham University. Jack achieved A* in English Literature and Grade A’s in History, Media Studies and Sociology.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Paterson also achieved A*, A, A, A and will be reading Pharmacy at Bath University. Daniel achieved A* in Biology and Grade A’s in Chemistry, Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
Kerry-Ann Upham also achieved the new A* in Sports Science and will be reading Bio-Medical Science at University.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer
Wendy Haines, Davy Falkner, Chris Lawler, Philippa Hodgson, Jake Netherway and Jessica Evans also achieved some A grade results.
Several students will be travelling in their Gap year, before University, while others have been fortunate to be moving directly into employment such as Jessica Evans who has been accepted onto an Accountancy Apprenticeship in Exeter. Some students will be gaining additional Work Experience before applying to University next year, such as Jenny Robinson for Midwifery and Sam Turl who wants to become a Paramedic.
Our Sixth Form offers a range of qualifications for all students and we are proud to celebrate the success of our ASDAN students. Michael Stone, Louis Cranmer and Hannah Pike who achieved their Bronze and Silver Awards. All our BTEC National Sports Science students also achieved 100 per cent pass rate.
We are an Open Sixth Form and offer courses for all abilities and interests. In September the new Diploma courses are now available for Creative and Media and for Society, Health and Development. Our Sixth Form numbers continue to increase and we are delighted to be opening our new Sixth Form Centre for this September. Registration takes place on Friday , September 3.