A Level results - Honiton Community College
Official statement, issued by principal Glenn Smith this morning.
Once again we are delighted with the examination results achieved by all our students.
A number of students have successfully achieved their university places, which is commendable when places are limited and at a premium.
We are proud of the success of all our students, but several students have achieved outstanding academic standards:
Jack Dixon achieved A*, A, A, A and will be reading History at Nottingham University. Jack achieved A* in English Literature and Grade A’s in History, Media Studies and Sociology.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Paterson also achieved A*, A, A, A and will be reading Pharmacy at Bath University. Daniel achieved A* in Biology and Grade A’s in Chemistry, Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
Kerry-Ann Upham also achieved the new A* in Sports Science and will be reading Bio-Medical Science at University.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 3 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 6 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 7 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
Wendy Haines, Davy Falkner, Chris Lawler, Philippa Hodgson, Jake Netherway and Jessica Evans also achieved some A grade results.
Several students will be travelling in their Gap year, before University, while others have been fortunate to be moving directly into employment such as Jessica Evans who has been accepted onto an Accountancy Apprenticeship in Exeter. Some students will be gaining additional Work Experience before applying to University next year, such as Jenny Robinson for Midwifery and Sam Turl who wants to become a Paramedic.
Our Sixth Form offers a range of qualifications for all students and we are proud to celebrate the success of our ASDAN students. Michael Stone, Louis Cranmer and Hannah Pike who achieved their Bronze and Silver Awards. All our BTEC National Sports Science students also achieved 100 per cent pass rate.
We are an Open Sixth Form and offer courses for all abilities and interests. In September the new Diploma courses are now available for Creative and Media and for Society, Health and Development. Our Sixth Form numbers continue to increase and we are delighted to be opening our new Sixth Form Centre for this September. Registration takes place on Friday , September 3.