A roads now clear but ice warning remains
DEVON’S ROADS : latest position
UPDATE Monday 14:30:
EAST Devon’s A roads are now passable with care although no buses running, including X53, 54, 57 52, although Stagecoach are giving free bus rides to people in Exeter.
County council spokesman Stuart Hughes said: “All the A road network in East and Mid Devon are now passable with extreme care and DCC has started work on primary B roads.
Mr Hughes said secondary roads would be last to be cleared and treated and warned that temperatures were due to go down to minus 4 degrees tonight along with freezing fog, “making driving really treacherous this evening”.
You may also want to watch:
He warned people who needed to travel to do so before sunset as temperatures would drop rapidly after dark.
DEVON County Council is warning motorists that road temperatures will remain below zero this afternoon
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 6 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 7 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Forecasters say they will become even more treacherous as they plummet again tonight, with the added risk of fog.
The prediction for the next few hours is for Isolated showers near the coasts, otherwise dry.
Latest snow clearing update from the county council:
• Front line all out doing partial routes. They will return, fill up and go out to complete designated routes
• Following snow plan
• Routes into Exeter treacherous
• Heavitree Corridor passable with care (PWC)
• The North Devon Link road has been handed back from the police to DCC to control and is PWC.
• Exmoor routes ok
• Concentrating on the main routes all PWC
• Front line fleet treating Primary network
• 1x back up fleet assisting with Route 11
• 2 x back up fleet starting secondary routes
• Link road open
• A396 being worked on both North and South
• A377 Copplestone through to Bow PWC
• Footway gangs clearing Tiverton Highstreet
• 3 diggers working towards cut off settlements
• A380 waiting for instructions to open and move vehicles using rolling road block
• A3212 a Snow Blower has joined the gritter and the gritter/plough to try and improve the situation on this road
• Small gritter working in Newton Abbot town centre
• 4 x 4 access on the moors
• Primary network improving now trying to expand this further
• Princetown to Dartmeet 5’ snow drifts JCB dealing
• The two other roads are open PWC
• Hope to start secondary routes this afternoon