A slice of Pie for pupils
Honiton Primary School visited by well-known author and educationalist Pie Corbett.
Pupils at Honiton Primary School were joined by a special literary guest with a story to tell.
Author and educationalist Pie Corbett, who is well known for his books on teaching creative writing and is regarded as an influential voice in improving children’s literacy, visited the school to show pupils the secrets of creative writing.
They took part in literacy lessons, planning and telling stories as well as plenty of writing activities.
Pupils were also filmed and will feature on Mr Corbett’s website demonstrating a story telling lesson.
You may also want to watch:
The school will be hosting a story telling conference next month with the author.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism