A successful year for Honiton Wine Bar Golf Society
Honiton Wine Bar Golf Society celebrated another successful year at a gala dinner and prize giving evening.
HONITON Wine Bar Golf Society marked another successful year at a gala dinner and prize giving evening.
Members were in high spirits during the event, which took place at Honiton Wine Bar, on Tuesday, January 18.
The outgoing captain John Greengrass presented a cheque for �312 along with an assortment of children’s toys and gifts to Heather Rake from the Exeter branch of CLIC.
The society raised an additional �90 for the charity on the night by guessing the amount of money they had raised during the year.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes were also presented to Graham Quinlan, who was awarded the HWB shield for the overall winner for 2010, and Noel Gregory, the society’s captain for 2011, who walked away the AG Signs Player of the year cup.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death