A successful year for Honiton Wine Bar Golf Society
Honiton Wine Bar Golf Society celebrated another successful year at a gala dinner and prize giving evening.
HONITON Wine Bar Golf Society marked another successful year at a gala dinner and prize giving evening.
Members were in high spirits during the event, which took place at Honiton Wine Bar, on Tuesday, January 18.
The outgoing captain John Greengrass presented a cheque for �312 along with an assortment of children’s toys and gifts to Heather Rake from the Exeter branch of CLIC.
The society raised an additional �90 for the charity on the night by guessing the amount of money they had raised during the year.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes were also presented to Graham Quinlan, who was awarded the HWB shield for the overall winner for 2010, and Noel Gregory, the society’s captain for 2011, who walked away the AG Signs Player of the year cup.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington