A35 closed near Honiton after car overturns
- Credit: Archant
The A35 has been closed in both directions near Honiton this morning (Wednesday) after a car overturned and hit a tree.
The incident happened shortly after 6.30am between Hutgate Road and the A358, with a man in his 50s suffering a head injury after his Suzuki left the road and collided with the tree.
Police initially closed both lanes, but have since reopened the eastbound carriageway.
The driver has been taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital by ambulance.
Recovery services are working to collect the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from Devon and Cornwall Police said: “Police are currently at the scene of a single vehicle collision on the A35 near Axminster.
“A Suzuki was reported to have left the carriageway and been in collision with a tree.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
“Closures were put in place in both directions to allow emergency services to work at the scene. The Eastbound carriageway has since been reopened.”