Colyton cyclist dies after sustaining ‘serious injuries’ in A35 collision with van
- Credit: Matt Smart
A busy A-road is closed in both directions after a cyclist died in a collision.
A cyclist from Colyton has died in a collision on the A35 near Axminster this morning.
Emergency services were called at around 5.30am this morning following the collision between van and a cyclist on the A35 at Raymonds Hill, Axminster.
The cyclist, a 27-year-old man from Colyton, was pronounced deceased at the scene. His next-of-kin have been informed.
Police remain on the scene, and the road is expected to remain closed in both directions for several hours.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and consider alternative routes.
Witnesses, or anyone with dashcam footage who was in the area at the time of the incident, are urged to contact police on 101, quoting log number 111 of 4 July 2019.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone