A35 Honiton reopened in both directions after collision which left vehicles badly damaged
- Credit: Archant
A collision between two vehicles caused the A35 Axminster to be closed for around two hours - but the A-road has now re-opened.
The incident took place at 11.40am this morning (Monday), between Fern Lane in Offwell and Hutgate Road in Honiton.
Two people sustained minor injuries in the collision, which involved a Peugeot 207 and a Honda Civic.
Both vehicles were badly damaged and police had sealed off the road, sparking long queues and heavy congestion for Shute-bound motorists.
Paramedics were also at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
There is still congestion around the area as traffic slowly returns to normal.
- 1 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 4 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 5 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 East Devon Property of the Week
- 8 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site
- 9 When a waffle is good for your health
- 10 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller