A35 Honiton reopened in both directions after collision which left vehicles badly damaged
- Credit: Archant
A collision between two vehicles caused the A35 Axminster to be closed for around two hours - but the A-road has now re-opened.
The incident took place at 11.40am this morning (Monday), between Fern Lane in Offwell and Hutgate Road in Honiton.
Two people sustained minor injuries in the collision, which involved a Peugeot 207 and a Honda Civic.
Both vehicles were badly damaged and police had sealed off the road, sparking long queues and heavy congestion for Shute-bound motorists.
Paramedics were also at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
There is still congestion around the area as traffic slowly returns to normal.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners