A373: Impose weight limit and ban caravans
Devon County Council accused of ‘clouding the issue’
Despite the fears of local people who drive this road daily, Devon County Council bamboozles us with facts and figures which are an attempt to cloud the issue.
The issue is that the A373 is not designed to take 30-plus ton lorries along its length, especially on the approaches (both sides) to the summit of the hill.
If the classification has no bearing on the current safety problem, then impose a weight limit of, say, two tons. This will prevent three ton lorries (which in some cases are as wide a 35 ton juggernaught) from using it.
I would even go so far as to ban caravans from using this rout as well.
You may also want to watch:
CP Ireson MBE
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism