Accident prompts calls for drivers to slow down
Elderly pensioner hospitalised after accident in Honiton.
RESIDENTS in Millhead Road, Honiton, are urging drivers to slow down after a 90-year-old woman was hospitalised following an accident.
The woman told the Midweek Herald she was forced to take evasive action while walking across Millhead Road at the junction with Rosemount Lane.
She was returning from a bus trip to Sidmouth last Friday lunchtime when a car rounded a corner “too fast”.
The pensioner said she flung herself forward to avoid being hit by the car, which did not stop.
You may also want to watch:
She was conveyed to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, where she was kept in for 24 hours.
“The car came around the corner so fast,” she said. “Cars must slow down.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track