Accident prompts calls for drivers to slow down
Elderly pensioner hospitalised after accident in Honiton.
RESIDENTS in Millhead Road, Honiton, are urging drivers to slow down after a 90-year-old woman was hospitalised following an accident.
The woman told the Midweek Herald she was forced to take evasive action while walking across Millhead Road at the junction with Rosemount Lane.
She was returning from a bus trip to Sidmouth last Friday lunchtime when a car rounded a corner “too fast”.
The pensioner said she flung herself forward to avoid being hit by the car, which did not stop.
You may also want to watch:
She was conveyed to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, where she was kept in for 24 hours.
“The car came around the corner so fast,” she said. “Cars must slow down.”
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 5 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 6 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 7 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 8 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 We're wild about open spaces but beware, others are not