Accident prompts calls for drivers to slow down
Elderly pensioner hospitalised after accident in Honiton.
RESIDENTS in Millhead Road, Honiton, are urging drivers to slow down after a 90-year-old woman was hospitalised following an accident.
The woman told the Midweek Herald she was forced to take evasive action while walking across Millhead Road at the junction with Rosemount Lane.
She was returning from a bus trip to Sidmouth last Friday lunchtime when a car rounded a corner “too fast”.
The pensioner said she flung herself forward to avoid being hit by the car, which did not stop.
You may also want to watch:
She was conveyed to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, where she was kept in for 24 hours.
“The car came around the corner so fast,” she said. “Cars must slow down.”
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 10 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers