ACER launches £5,000 fundraising appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Axminster Community Emergency Response (ACER) team has launched a £5,000 fundraising appeal.
Members are looking to bolster the funds provided by the town council, which they hope will be matched by Devon County Council’s CV-19 grant fund.
ACER is a group of local organisations, health professionals and local councils which have joined forces to provide help, support and comfort to anyone suffering financial difficulty, isolation or mental health trauma during the coronavirus lockdown.
More than 160 local people have volunteered to help in a variety of ways, from delivering shopping, to acting as ‘telephone buddy’ and organising the circulation of ACER leaflets.
The ACER hotline number is 01297 35550 and Cindy Furse, of Light Up Axminster, is organising the volunteer pool.
You may also want to watch:
Since launching its fundraising appeal at the weekend the group has already received more than £1,200.
To donate link to GoFundMe at: https://www.gofundme.com/f/axminster-community-emergency-response-acer
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend